Mobility and Orientation Trainer for the visually impaired
He was born and raised in Volos. He has a degree in Social Studies, Department of Business Administration & Organizations from the Hellenic Open University. He has also studied Journalism, Mobility & Orientation for the Visually Impaired & Museum Pedagogical Education. He has been the Director of the Zanneio Foundation for Child Protection and Education, Commander & Chairman of the Board at the Center for Education and Rehabilitation for the Blind (K.E.AT.) while today he is the Director of the SOS Children’s Village of Vari and the Youth Houses of Athens.
He has collaborated with:
- the Greek Mobility and Orientation Center (ΚΕΚΙΠΡΟ) and the Center for Education and Rehabilitation for the Blind as a Mobility and Orientation trainer for the Visually Impaired
- the Hellenic Children’s Museum and the Tactual Museum of the Lighthouse for the Blind in Greece, implementing educational programs for children
- the Panhellenic Federation of Associations of Parents and Guardians of Persons with Disabilities as a camp coordinator for the disabled
- the Association of Social Responsibility for Children and Youth (SKEP) implementing educational activities to raise awareness of disability
- the Onassis Stegi of the Onassis Foundation, implementing a staff training program on disability issues and the dance program “Unlimited Access”
- the SOS Children’s Villages of Greece as Director of the Child & Family Support Center of Athens
He is a volunteer at the Children Recovery & Rehabilitation Center in Voula, in the collective kitchen and in actions for refugees with the Organization Earth, in actions around blindness and guide dogs. He is a member of the Board of the Panhellenic Association of the Deafblind “The Sunflower”, the International Council for Education of People with Visual Impairment (ICEVI) and the Deafblind International (DbI).