All people have the right to travel, and often, staying in a hotel, hostel, guest house, etc., is necessary. But how many know that in Greece, a trained guide dog, which accompanies a person with visual impairment 24 hours a day, is allowed by law to enter unhindered everywhere? Undoubtedly, not many people know it, but they can become more!
”Me Alla Matia” NPO fights every day for human rights and gives a voice to those not heard. With the aim of more inclusive tourism, it motivates the hoteliers of Greece to be informed and trained for the proper service of disabled people, expanding on our memorandum with the Hellenic Hoteliers Federation. After all, ”Me Alla Matia” designs custom-made programs to train people working in tourism to develop skills in serving disabled customers.
In this context, we promote free-of-charge hotels and other accommodations that actively declare visually impaired people and their certified guide dogs are welcome in their accommodation, as the law requires.
In the list below, you can find the accommodations that every one of us will be able to visit without problems and obstacles, just as befits a pleasant trip.
- Kalliopi Luxury Apartments, Lemnos
- Hotel “Afrodite”, Tinos
- Perianth Hotel, Athens
- V1935 Luxurius Apartments, Monastiraki– Athens
- Golden Star City Resort, Peraia– Thessaloniki
- Capsis Hotel Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki
- Capsis Astoria Heraklion, Heraklion – Crete
- The Alex Monte Kastella Hotel, Piraeus
- Skion Palace Beach Hotel, Chalkidiki
- In Camera Art Boutique Hotel, Rhodes
- Ostraco Suites, Mykonos
- Yalis Hotel, Votsi – Alonissos
- Arion Hotel, Xylokastro
- Irida Resort Suites, Kalo Nero – Kyparissia
- Siris Hotel, Lefkonas– Serres
The list is constantly updated and enriched.