In these times we live in, who desperately call for remote and automated services, local authorities cannot fall behind. They need a 24-hour service with which citizens could be daily informed as well as provide feedback about any occurring problems in their area, without the need for physical presence in the services of the Municipality.
It is found that most citizens’ requests are made over the phone, despite the existence of related internet applications. Technologically illiterate people, the elderly, and the visually impaired (due to lack of accessibility) encounter particular difficulties in the use of such applications. That is why the establishment of an automated system for these matters is highly recommendable. Citizens’ requests could be managed more efficiently so that no one is excluded from access to their local services. Therefore, the response of the Municipality does not have to follow the schedule of its employees, while physical services can be reduced. Such a modernization demonstrates an active Municipality ready to respond to its people’s needs.
The digitally secured environment in which we develop our current online service is compatible with national legislation and the transposition of the relevant European directive on the implementation of the GDPR. At the same time, this service strengthens the environmental profile of the Municipality, as it leads to the elimination of printed forms.
Conclusively, the service is fully compatible with teleworking and the needs of the new era, as shaped by the coronavirus pandemic.
We supply the Municipality with specialized software for the automated management of the daily problems of the citizens. This creates a modern, flexible communication channel that leaves no one behind. The software operates through a telephone line that offers the citizen various voice services.
More specifically, it includes:
- Voice request service. The citizen calls and utters his request through voice guidance. This is automatically converted to text, registered and assigned via email to the person in charge. The citizen receives a protocol number and the call is recorded for security reasons.
- Progress check for prior request. The system, whenever the citizen requests it, will inform him about:
- The request number
- The current status of the request
- The date of the last status change
- The responsible employee who deals with the request
- Call forwarding service on the phone of a competent official.
- Municipality announcement system. The system has the ability to read selectively: announcements, latest articles on the municipality’s website, titles, etc. to users who cannot navigate the site (either due to reduced vision or technological illiteracy). The announcements will be registered in text in the system by the users and the announcement duration will be defined.
- Citizens’ participation in local referendums.
- Interconnection with an already existing app, site and social media of the Municipality.
The software offers employees the options to:
- Log in with a username and password. The access level will be separated: the Supervisors will be able to see all the registered requests of the service, while the authorized officials will only see the requests that have been assigned to them.
- Search for requests with various parameters
- Check the status of a request, the flow, history, details and who has received it
- Assign a request to an employee
- Change the status of a request
- Attach files related to the request
- A prerequisite for an installation alligned with GDPR rules is that all data are stored on a central server, to which authorized persons will have access.
- Call management equipment must have unobstructed internet access. It would be recommended to access the internet using a line that is not charged by users. Otherwise, for 10 simultaneous incoming calls, a bandwidth of 8 downloads and 2 uploads should be available.
- The computers on which users’ applications will be installed must have Windows 7 or more recent, with at least 2GB of Ram and 250MB of free hard disk space.
What do we offer?
▶ Installation, training of authorized users, and 1-year technical support. At the end of this period, we will propose a maintenance contract, valid for 1 year each time.
▶ Focus group of disabled persons that will carry out constant accessibility checks of users – citizens throughout the operation of the system.
▶ One-time installation of the primary form of announcement voice reading
For more information about the above program, contact us at email@example.com or +302102627385.